Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- Daily medications may be taken with a sip of water two hours prior to surgery unless Dr. Ericson has instructed you to discontinue a particular medicine the day of surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home, and accompany the patient at home for at least four to six hours.
- If there is any change in your medical history please inform Dr. Ericson prior to surgery.
- For your own safety, please remove all lip and tongue piercing jewelry.
- Please remove dark colored nail polish from at least one finger prior to surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, mascara (eye makup) or excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- Please leave all your personal belongings (cell phone, jewerly, etc.) at home.